Pear and Raspberry Crostata
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, whisked together
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 6 ripe but firm pears, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse, turbinado, or "raw" sugar
In the bowl of a mixer, blend the butter, flour, sugar, and lemon zest at low speed until the mixture is coarse and sandy-looking. Add the egg mixture and blend just until the mixture comes together. Form into a ball, wrap with plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a rough circle about 14 inches in diameter. Transfer to the baking sheet. All around the edge of the dough, fold in the outer 1/2-inch to form a rough, "rustic" edge for the tart. Using a rubber spatula, gently spread the jam over the bottom of the tart. Then arrange the pear wedges in concentric circles over the jam. Dot with raspberries and drizzle with the honey. With a pastry brush, brush the tart edge with the milk. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar. Bake until the fruit is tender and the underside of the tart is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.