Peas and Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Flavored Olive Oil (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced prosciutto
- 1 15 -ounce cans green peas, drained, or 2 cups fresh peas, cooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flavored Olive Oil:
- Copyright 1998, Rao's Cookbook by Frank Pellegrino, All Rights Reserved
- 1 cup fine-quality olive oil (such as Filippo Berio)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add onion and saute for 3 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the prosciutto and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
Add the peas, broth and salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until hot.
Drain off all liquid.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Flavored Olive Oil:
Heat oil in a small, heavy saucepan on medium-low heat. Add garlic and barely simmer until garlic is just beginning to brown. Remove and discard garlic. Pour oil into a clear container and reserve, at room temperature, to use as flavored oil for frying and sauteing. Yield: Makes 1 cup.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.