Pickled Shrimp with Lemon Chive Aioli
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 large Fresno chile, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds medium shrimp, tail on, shells removed, deveined
- Lemon Chive Aioli, recipe follows
- Lemon Chive Aioli:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, seafood seasoning, dill, parsley, mustard, chile, garlic, lemon slices and onion in a large bowl, toss together and set aside.
In a large pot of boiling water, add the kosher salt. Add the shrimp and cook just until they begin to turn pink and float to the top, about 2 minutes. Drain and immediately add them to the pickling liquid.
Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature and then serve. Or refrigerate until you are ready to serve them.
Serve with Lemon Chive Aioli for dipping.Lemon Chive Aioli:
Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, lemon zest and garlic in a small mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined. Serve alongside the pickled shrimp.
Recipe courtesy Kelsey Nixon
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller