- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ginger puree
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Canola oil, for frying
- Mixed greens, for serving
- Sesame seeds, black and white, for garnish
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
For the wrappers: In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Pour in a small amount of water and turn the mixer onto the slowest setting. Continue to add water until a dough forms. The dough should be firm but pliable. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and rest on a cutting board for 30 minutes. Roll the dough out on a well-floured surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch circles.
For the filling: Grind the chicken in a food processer. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Process the green onion and cilantro with a little bit of the chicken and add to the mixing bowl. Stir in the corn, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice and mix well.
For the sauce: Place the soy sauce, water, sugar, white wine, and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool, and then garnish with the green onions.
To prepare: Place 1 level tablespoon potsticker filling in the center of a wrapper and fold in half to form a moon shape. Pinch the seam to seal the wrapper shut. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a nonstick pan. Working in batches, add the potstickers and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Add 1/3 cup water, cover, and steam until the filling is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Plate the potstickers on top a bed of mixed greens and garnish with a sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.