Pumped-Up Caesar Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, halved (finely minced if whisking dressing by hand)
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen egg product
- 1 medium-size lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 (10-ounce) package hearts of romaine salad mix, washed and spun dry, or 9 to 10 cups broken romaine leaves
- 3 cups plain croutons
- 2 hard-cooked extra-large eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Parmesan curls (measure loosely packed)
For the dressing, churn all ingredients in food processor or electric blender until smooth (or whisk in small bowl until creamy); set aside.
For the salad, place romaine, croutons, and eggs in very large salad bowl, add dressing, and toss well. Add cheese curls, toss lightly, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.