- 1 cup cooked and pureed pumpkin, drained in a fine strainer
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- Generous 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brandy or dark rum
- 1 (10-inch) prebaked pie shell, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pureed pumpkin, creme fraiche, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and whisk together until thoroughly blended. Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and brandy or rum. Whisk again until thoroughly blended.
Mound the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell and jiggle the pan gently to help it find its level. Bake for about 1 hour, until set in the center.