Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for prepping pan
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Have 4 (3 by 5 1/2 by 2-inch) bread pans greased and floured.
Whisk together the flours, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside. Beat the eggs, then add the milk, butter, pumpkin, and ginger. Whisk to combine well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in 1/2 the pumpkin seeds. Divide the batter among the 4 pans and top with the remaining pumpkin seeds. Bake about 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is browned and cracked.
Recipe courtesy of George Duran