Baba Ganoush and Pita Crisps
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 to 3 small) firm eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup, a generous handful, flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 bags pita crisps, any flavor (recommended: Stacy's)
Turn broiler on high.
Brush cut eggplant with olive oil on flesh side, drizzle over skin side. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on nonstick baking sheet and leave under broiler 4 to 5-inches from heat until skin is charred and flesh is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
Scoop out eggplant flesh into food processor. Paste garlic with some salt mashing it with the side of your knife. Add garlic and the juice of 1 lemon to processor. Add parsley and tahini to processor and process until smooth. Adjust salt then transfer dip to a bowl and stir in half the pine nuts, garnish with remaining nuts. Surround the dip with pita crisps and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.