Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Green Beans and Smashed Potatoes with Green Onions
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- A handful arugula leaves from bulk bins, chopped
- A handful baby spinach leaves from bulk bins, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 1 pound thin green beans
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast. Loosen up the incision with your fingers to make a hole. Season the chicken with pepper. Combine the cheese with arugula and baby spinach and stuff the breasts. Spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to 22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, season water with salt and cook potatoes 15 minutes, or until tender.
Bring 1-inch water to a boil. Trim beans. Salt water and add beans to water. Simmer 5 minutes, drain and combine with tomatoes, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
Serve chicken with green beans and potatoes alongside.