Beef and Broccoli Salad
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces of beef tenderloin steak, 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 head broccoli, stem trimmed of fiberous skin, cut in florets and stem cut into chunks
- 1 sack mixed baby greens, 6 to 8 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced on an angle, 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pea pods, sliced on an angle
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 hot cherry peppers or pepperoncini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, optional
- 1/4 cup duck sauce or sweet and sour sauce
- 1 -inch ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill meat 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare to medium well doneness. Remove meat and let stand 10 minutes.
In a pan, bring 1-inch of water to a bubble. Add a pinch of salt and broccoli pieces and steam for 3 to 5 minutes, until cooked but still firm. In the sink, drain broccoli in colander and run cold water over it to cool.
Arrange greens on large platter or individual dinner plates. Arrange broccoli and veggies on greens. Combine duck or sweet and sour sauce with ginger, lime juice, vinegar, crushed pepper flakes. Whisk in oil. Slice steaks and arrange on salad and drizzle completed dish with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray