- 1 box biscuit mix (recommended: Jiffy brand)
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- A couple pinches salt
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, available in specialty cheese case
- A generous grating fresh nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten with a splash water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine biscuit mix, black pepper, cream, salt, cheese and nutmeg. Pile mixture into 4 large mounds or 8 small mounds onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Brush scones with egg wash, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes for large scones, 7 to 8 minutes for small scones.