- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced and crushed with flat blade of a knife
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 large heart romaine lettuce
- 1 head Traviso lettuce or radicchio
- 1 pint multi colored, red or yellow cherry tomatoes
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add bacon, cook until crisp then drain on paper towels.
In a salad bowl, whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar and stream in extra-virgin olive oil to incorporate the dressing, season with salt and pepper and stir in chives. Shred lettuces and add to the bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl along with bacon. Toss salad to coat evenly with dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray