- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups corn kernels, defrosted
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 green chile pepper seeded and chopped or, 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 small to medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small to medium yellow squash
- 1 large yellow skinned onion, chopped
- 1(14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dark chili powder, just over 1/2 a palm full
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) tubes prepared polenta
- 2 cups, 10 ounces, shredded Monterey Jack, available on the dairy aisle in pouches
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, corn, garlic and chiles. Saute 3 minutes, add zucchini and yellow squash and onions, season with salt and pepper, chili powder; cook 7 to 8 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes and heat through. Transfer to baking dish. Cut 1 tube of polenta in 1/2-inch slices lengthwise. Top vegetables with polenta and cheese. Place in hot oven to melt cheese and warm polenta, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro or flat-leaf parsley.