Chili Dog Nachos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 hog dogs, sliced into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 sack yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 sack, 10 ounces, shredded yellow Cheddar
- Sour cream, garnish
- Salsa, garnish
- 2 scallions, chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add oil then beef, and begin to brown and crumble with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add chopped hot dogs and continue browning, another 3 minutes. Add onions and seasonings, Worcestershire, chili powder, and cumin. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
Arrange corn chips on a platter or in a casserole dish. Top the chips with the cooked chili dog topping. Cover the chili dog sauce with cheese. Melt cheese under hot broiler, 2 minutes, until melted and bubbly. Garnish with sour cream, salsa and chopped scallions.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray