- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- About 2 2/3 cups chicken stock
- A generous handful dried, sweetened cranberries (recommended: Craisins by Ocean Spray)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
Heat the butter over medium heat in a saucepot. Add the orzo and toast until golden. Stir in the rice, add the stock and cranberries. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Fluff the rice and combine with walnuts and scallions to serve.