Garlicky Patty Melts with Provolone
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 to 2 Fresno chile peppers, seeded depending on heat tolerance, and finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Softened butter
- 12 slices good quality white or Italian bread
- A couple handfuls arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 12 slices sharp deli-sliced provolone
Heat a griddle or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Combine the meat, chile pepper, garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper, and a little extra-virgin olive oil. Form into 6 thin patties. Drizzle the patties with a little more oil and fry on the hot griddle for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Lightly butter the bread. Build the patty melts, layering the bread (buttered sides facing out) with 1 slice of cheese, a few leaves of arugula, the patty, a second slice of cheese, and finally another slice of bread. Cook the patties on the griddle to melt the cheese, 2 minutes on each side. Cut the patty melts from corner to corner and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.