Hot Spiced Apples with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dark rum, optional
- 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream
In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and cook until apples are saucy and softened, about 5 minutes. Carefully add the rum and cook another minute.
Divide ice cream among 4 bowls and top with hot apples.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray