Football's for woosies finishing this super-size, super-spicy meal takes the real guts!
- 2 (32-ounce) cans diced tomatoes in puree
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce (for mild heat use 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapenos or serranos, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, from the heart of the bunch, chunked
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges, for garnish
Working in batches, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse grind into a thick soup. Adjust seasonings. Pour soup into a thermos and chill until ready to serve. Serve in chilled glasses with wedges of lime or lemon for garnish.