- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 cup buttermilk, eyeball it
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, a handful
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, yellow or white, 2 handfuls
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put the potatoes in a medium sauce pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and season with salt. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes with buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives and cheddar and fold in the bacon.
Rachael cuts calories here by using turkey bacon, and buttermilk instead of sour cream. As she says, "If you eat well, you can eat more!" From the 30 Minute Meals library, courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2006
Photograph by Con Poulos