MYOTO - Make Your Own Take Out: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 medium size yellow onion, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 poblano or anaheim peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots, available in pouches in the produce department
- 6 cups, 1 1/2 quarts, chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound chicken tenders cut into bite size chunks, 2 packages
- 2 small bundles from a 3.75 ounce package of bean thread noodles, there is usually 3 bundles in one package (recommended: Kame)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
Heat a large heavy-bottomed soup pot with vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat. Once you see the oil ripple, add the sliced onion, chopped garlic and sliced peppers. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup shredded carrot and 6 cups chicken stock or broth. Cover with a lid and bring up to a simmer. Once simmering, add the chicken simmer 5 minutes then add noodles and simmer 5 minutes more. Remove the soup from the heat and add the cilantro, basil and the juice of 1 lime.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.