- 3 quarts packaged or canned vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh linguini, available in dairy aisle
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite size chunks or, chicken breast cut for stir-fry
- 8 scallions, cut into bite size pieces on an angle
- 2 cups shredded carrots, available in pouches in produce department
- 1 (10-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, about 24 mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head bok choy, trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 pound pea pods ( snow peas) cut in half on an angle
- Chopped fresh cilantro and/or chives, for garnish, optional
Add chicken to boiling broth. Poach chicken 5 minutes in broth. Ladle soup into 4 deep bowls, equally distributing broth and chicken. Divide veggies into 4 equal amounts and place in the bowls. Divide cooked fresh pasta into 4 equal amounts and place into the bowls. Cover bowls and allow to steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Gently incorporate noodles up from the bottom of each bowl and serve. SLURP away! It is customary to slurp as you eat, using oversized spoons to drag the noodles up to your mouth. You might need a bib, but you will have fun! Noodle bowls may be garnished with cilantro and or chives for an extra herby zing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.