Orange Balsamic Rock Cornish Game Hens
- 6 hens, rinsed and pat dry
- Coarse salt
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 cup defrosted orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 to 8 stems rosemary, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line 2 baking pans with foil for easier cleaning. Set a baking rack in each pan. Split hens and butterfly open and place 3 hens in each baking pan. Season the hens with salt and pepper liberally. Mix the orange concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and pour evenly over the hens. Sprinkle with rosemary and roast 15 minutes at 425 degrees F and 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2007