Parsnip and Potato Hash
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed clean, cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced into half moons
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 3 turns of the pan of extra-virgin olive oil, about 3 tablespoons. Add the potatoes, parsnips, thyme and season with salt and pepper, stir frequently and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes and parsnips are nice and tender and lightly browned. Add the minced onion and continue to cook until they are tender and the potatoes are nice and brown.
Once the hash is cooked, add the chopped parsley and lemon zest. Stir to combine and transfer hash to a serving platter. Serve it up.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.