Pina Colada Sundae
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 inch peeled ginger, grated
- 1/4 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- Coconut sorbet or ice cream
- 1/2 cup rum
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Ginger cookies, for garnish
In a small saucepan, heat the butter. Add the sugar and ginger. Stir together until the sugar dissolves. Continue to stir until the sugar starts turning light brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks, toss to coat, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes to warm the pineapple through.
Scoop ice cream into each of 4 ice cream dishes.
Remove the pan from the heat, and add the rum. Using a kitchen torch or igniter, flame the rum, tossing pineapple quickly to extinguish the flames.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.