- dill2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 quart pork or chicken stock (recommended: Kitchen Basics)
- 1 small bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 rounded tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon celery seed, optional
- A generous handful dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Cover potatoes with stock and enough water to cover the potatoes by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain potatoes and place back in hot pot.
Combine the scallions, celery, vinegar, sugar, horseradish and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over the hot potatoes to absorb.
Season the salad with celery seed, dill, salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian