- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovies (1 tin of flat filets), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls, coarsely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 12 to 15 fresh basil leaves: pile leaves, roll into a log and shred or tear
- Salt and black pepper
Combine tomatoes, onions, capers, olives, anchovies, garlic and parsley in a medium bowl. Dress with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, just enough to lightly coat the salad, 1 to 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle in basil, salt and pepper, toss again and adjust seasonings, to your taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.