Romaine Salad with Red Onions, Walnuts and Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 sack pre-washed chopped romaine or 2 hearts, chopped, about 6 cups
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small sprig rosemary, stripped and finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant. Place romaine in salad bowl and scatter the red onions down over the greens. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined. Season the dressing with salt, to taste. Dress and toss salad and adjust seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Technicolored Romaine Salad Cups with Lemon Pecorino Dressing, Roasted Tomato Dressed Romaine Salad, Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette, Heart Healthy Recipes, Salad Dressing, Antipasti Recipes, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Caesar Salad Recipes