Romaine Salad with Red Onions, Walnuts and Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 sack pre-washed chopped romaine or 2 hearts, chopped, about 6 cups
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small sprig rosemary, stripped and finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant. Place romaine in salad bowl and scatter the red onions down over the greens. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined. Season the dressing with salt, to taste. Dress and toss salad and adjust seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.