Salsa Cheddar Dip with Witches Hats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 1 sack 10 ounces (2 cups) shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup store bought tomato salsa, your favorite brand and flavor
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 sack blue corn tortilla chips, plain or flavored
Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add flour to butter and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk and season sauce with salt and chipotle powder or smoked paprika. Stir in cheese and melt. Thicken sauce 1 minute. Stir in salsa and remove from heat. Serve sauce from hot pot and return to stove, as necessary, to loosen.
Cut carrots in half then stand on end and cut thin strips. Cut strips across on an angle, forming 2 long triangles. Lightly salt the carrots. Pile chips into a bowl and tuck carrots in and around the chips. The blue and orange triangles are your "witches hats".
Recipe Courtesy of Rachael Ray