Savory Sour Cream and Chive Waffles with Sausage and Lingonberry Syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork, chicken or turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika or smoked sweet paprika
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, preferred brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup lingonberry preserves
- A couple cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Splash water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- A couple pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large free range eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
I do not bake and I therefore borrow the baking powder and soda from my neighbors. I measure everything with my morning coffee cup and teaspoon that I stir my first cup with. If you bake and have legit measuring devices on hand, you might want to refrain from using them because these waffles rule but only if you make them my way.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Mix the ground meat with fennel, paprika, parsley and grill seasoning. Form 8 small 2 to 3-inch patties and add to the hot skillet, cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
Preheat a waffle iron.
Mix the dry ingredients and chives in a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle. Mix the milk, sour cream, eggs and half the melted butter together then pour into the well. Beat the wet into the dry with a few shift turns but do not over mix the batter. Brush the waffle iron with a little of the remaining butter and cook waffles, keeping then warm and crisp in a low oven. The batter should fill a 4 section iron 3 times, making 12 waffles, 3 per portion. Serve 3 waffles and 2 patties with lingonberry syrup drizzled over top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream, Maple Cream Cheese, Strawberry and Bacon Breakfast Cupcake, Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic, Dijon Mustard and Bacon, Sour Cream and Onion Hummus, Easy Brunch, Dairy Free, Hard Boiled Eggs Recipes, Easy Breakfast, Frittata Recipes, Sausage Casserole Recipes