- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon wok or vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan in a slow stream
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, several drops or a drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (a handful)
- Coarse salt
Steam green beans covered in 1/2-inch boiling water for 2 minutes. Transfer beans to a colander and run under cold water. Drain well.
Heat a wok shaped skillet or large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Go once-around-the-pan with wok or vegetable oil, add several drops sesame oil, and crushed pepper flakes. The pan will smoke. Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds and coarse salt and toss to coat beans evenly.