Shrimp and 'Shrooms with Sherry
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- About 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 red chile pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds very small white mushrooms
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- About 1/3 to 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a food processor, process the parsley, onion, bay leaves, garlic, peppercorns, orange zest, thyme leaves, and chile into a paste.
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly brown the mushrooms for about 8 to 10 minutes, and then add the paste to the pan and stir. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and firm. Deglaze the pan with sherry, add the butter, and toss to melt. Serve immediately.