Skirting the Issue: Skirt Steaks laced with Blue Cheese Butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds skirt steaks
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Steak seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Heat a grill pan over high heat. Drizzle meat with oil and season with steak or grill seasoning blend. Grill meat 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove meat and let it rest 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
Mix butter with cheese and chives.
Slice meat very thin on a heavy angle. Place the meat on a plate and top with small scoops of blue cheese butter. Butter and cheese will melt down over the meat: YUMMO!
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis