Thai-Style Pesto with Rice Pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound rice pasta, penne or wide noodles
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 large cloves garlic, pasted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta, and cook to al dente.
Place the basil, 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, tamari, garlic, lime juice, and chile into a food processor. Pulse into a paste. Drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil. Pour the pesto into a large bowl and add a splash of starchy cooking water. Drain the pasta, add to the sauce, and toss to combine. Drizzle with sesame oil, garnish with scallions and the remaining 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray