- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 4 (1-inch) tuna steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each
- Salt and pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- A handful parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn or chopped fresh basil leaves, about 10
Combine tomatoes, onions, parsley and basil in a bowl. Dress with extra-virgin olive oil, enough to coat the tomatoes evenly, 2 to 3 tablespoons. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the sauce marinate at least 10 minutes.
When you are ready to eat, grill steaks 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium and 4 for opaque, well done. Stir sauce up then serve liberal amounts of it on top of the steaks.