Another of My Friend Vicky's Creations: Cauliflower with Red, Green and Black Confetti
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into bite size florets
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 large clove garlic, cracked
- 4 anchovy fillets, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained and diced into small bits
- 16 oil cured olives, drained and chopped into small bits
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
Cook cauliflower in 1-inch boiling water covered for 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Drain, sprinkle with salt and return pan to stove top uncovered. Set heat at medium and add oil, garlic, anchovies (optional, unless you are dining with Vicky) and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Break up anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon until they melt into oil. Add diced red roasted pepper, chopped olives and parsley to the pan and combine. Add cooked, drained cauliflower to the pan and toss to distribute the red, black and green confetti. Add the red pepper. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.