- 4 yellow or red vine ripe tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley tops, the yield of 1 large bundle
- 1 clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rosemary, a few sprigs, leaves stripped from stems
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 4 ounces, a couple of handfuls
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, a splash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a good drizzle
Cut the tops of the tomatoes and seed with a spoon to hull them completely of seeds and liquid. Season the inside of the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
Place parsley in a food processor. Add garlic, lemons zest, red pepper flakes, salt, rosemary almonds, vinegar and oil to the processor. Pulse grind the mixture to combine.
Stuff 1/4 of the gremolade into each tomato and serve.