Ratatouille Tart with Caramelized Onion-Tomato Jam
- Ratatouille Tart:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Caramelized Onion-Tomato Jam
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced 1/4-inch thick on a mandoline
- 1 yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick on a mandoline
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick on a mandoline
- 1 to 2 roasted red peppers, julienned
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface to a rectangular shape, about 12 by 10 1/2 inches. Transfer the pastry sheet to a parchment-lined baking sheet. With the tines of a fork, dock a 1/2-inch border around the edge of the sheet and dock the center of the sheet a few times as well. This will prevent the dough from rising as it cooks.
Spread the Caramelized Onion-Tomato Jam evenly over the pastry, leaving a small border around the edge of the pastry. Layer the tomatoes, eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini in overlapping rows, or in whatever pattern you like. Sprinkle the roasted red peppers around the tart. Drizzle the assembled tart with a little olive oil, making sure to brush a little on the edges, season with salt and pepper and top with half of the fresh oregano.
Bake until the pastry is golden brown and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the goat cheese and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Warm Chocolate Praline Tart with Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream, Apple Tart with Tossed Greens, Candied Walnuts and Sherry Vinaigrette, The Neely's Caprese Tart, Tomato Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes, Pastry, Tomato Salad Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes, Tomato Side Dish Recipes