- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 pound white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a medium pan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cremini, white mushrooms and shiitakes and cook until most of the liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat. Deglaze with the wine. Add the chicken stock, turmeric and salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a simmer and simmer with the lid on until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
When it's done, sprinkle over some chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy Ree Drummond
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri