- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 whole unbaked pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce, recipe follows
- Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl. Pour the chopped pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
Pour the syrup mixture over the top. Bake the pie until it's no longer loose and jiggly, 1 hour 10 minutes, being careful not to burn pecans and crust. (Cover with foil for part of the baking time if it browns too quickly).
Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers with freshly whipped cream. Serve with a drizzle of cold Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce.Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce:
Pour the whipping cream into a saucepan. Add the maple syrup and corn syrup and stir over moderate heat until thickened and reduced by about 1/3, approximately 15 minutes. Stir in the whiskey. Refrigerate mixture until it is cold and thick. Drizzle over warm pecan pie.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond