- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 whole unbaked pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce, recipe follows
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the syrup mixture over the top. Bake the pie until it's no longer loose and jiggly, 1 hour 10 minutes, being careful not to burn pecans and crust. (Cover with foil for part of the baking time if it browns too quickly).Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce:
Pour the whipping cream into a saucepan. Add the maple syrup and corn syrup and stir over moderate heat until thickened and reduced by about 1/3, approximately 15 minutes. Stir in the whiskey. Refrigerate mixture until it is cold and thick. Drizzle over warm pecan pie.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond