Quick Italian Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (pre-grated in a pack from the store)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chunked
- 6 whole pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup whole black olives
- 1/2 cup whole red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced into circles
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
For the dressing: In a blender, add the olive oil, mayonnaise, Parmesan, parsley, sugar, vinegar, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic and lemon juice and blend until pureed.
For the salad: Put the romaine and iceberg greens in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Top the salad with the pepperoncini, olives, tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan at the end.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.