- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast, turning once, for 12 minutes, or until just tender.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute. Let cool slightly and stir in the lemon juice. Place the broccoli in a serving bowl, pour the lemon butter over it and toss to coat. Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the top.