Roasted Portobello Crostini
- 3 large portobello mushrooms caps
- 3/4 cup light roasted garlic balsamic salad dressing, plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lowfat ricotta
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (recommended: McCormick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag store-bought crostini
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- Fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
Lightly wipe the caps clean with a paper towel. Cut into 1/2-inch slices, place in a large zip-top bag and add 3/4 cup of balsamic dressing. Squeeze air from bag and seal. Lightly massage the mushrooms to ensure they are all evenly coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the marinated mushrooms and saute for about 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, stir together ricotta, 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing, and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay