Chicken Fried Steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Four 5-ounce rib eye steaks
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup egg wash (equal parts milk and eggs)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, warmed
- 16 stalks pencil asparagus, poached
For the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter until melted. Then stir in the flour, stirring through the process, until light brown and smooth. Next, add the milk, again stir and allow the roux to absorb the milk. Then season with the salt and white pepper and add the parsley. This process should take 4 to 5 minutes. Hold the sauce warm.
For the steaks: Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F. With a meat tenderizer, pound the steaks until double in size and 1/4-inch thick. Add the salt and black pepper to the flour. Then dredge a steak in the flour, then the egg wash and finally again in the flour. Repeat the process with all the steaks. Then drop them in the fryer and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and finish until golden brown, a final 2 minutes. Remove from the fryer and allow any excess oil to drip off on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
To serve, portion the potatoes, and then top with 4 pieces asparagus, then steak and finish with the sauce to the side of the steak and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken-Fried Steak With Cream, Chicken Fried Steak on Stick with Whatsthishere Sauce, Chicken Fried Steaks and Creamed Pan Gravy with Biscuits, Baked Ham Recipes, Steak Salad Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes