- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lump crab, picked
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, 1 ounce at a time
- Juice of one lemon
In a mixing bowl, mix the mayonnaise, panko, seafood seasoning, ground ginger, pepper and egg until thoroughly mixed. Finally, add the crab and blend, being careful not to break up the lumps. Let the crab cake mixture refrigerate and bind for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Next, portion the crab into 2 ounce cakes and lightly dust with flour. Saute over medium heat in a saute pan with grapeseed oil until golden brown on the first side. Then flip and repeat on the second side. Repeat the process until all the cakes have been cooked. Finish with the lemon juice.
Keep refrigerated and covered.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine's eat! All rights reserved, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay