Crab Fritters with Spicy Mayo
- Fritter batter:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart canola oil (approximately, as needed for deep frying)
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Irvine Spices Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked for shells and with excess liquid carefully squeezed out without breaking up lumps
- Spicy Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Irvine Spices Specialty Chipotle Chile Powder
To make the fritter batter, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another smaller bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg and black pepper. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine until all dry ingredients are moistened.
Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a deep-fryer.
Mix panko bread crumbs, Cajun Seasoning, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice. Fold in crab meat, trying to avoid breaking up lumps. Form crab mixture into "cocktail size" balls. Place the crab ball on a slotted spoon, and holding over the bowl of fritter batter, ladle enough of the batter over it to coat. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown and drain.
Whisk together mayonnaise and Chipotle Chile Powder. Season, with salt, if needed. Serve crab fritters with spicy mayo as a dipping sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Crab Fritters with Spicy Aioli, Crab Cake BLT, Classic Crab Cakes with a Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad and Fresh Horseradish Sauce, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Appetizer Recipes , Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Lobster Tail Recipes