Gazpacho Soup in Cucumber "Shooter"
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled (1 whole and 1 finely diced)
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 4 cups tomato juice (recommended: V8)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Cut the whole peeled cucumber into 1 1/2 to 2-inch in long pieces. Stand them upright and trim the bottom so they are level and won't fall over. Using a spoon or a melon baller, remove the inside seeds and pulp 2/3 of the way into the cucumber, forming a "shooter" glass. Put in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl combine all the remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. This will give the soup time to meld all the flavors together and let the juices from the vegetables mix.
When ready to serve, spoon the soup into the cucumber shooter glasses and serve. Let your guests enjoy the soup, then eat the "so called shooter glass".
A great refreshing chilled soup.