- 1 head butter lettuce
- Iced water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 12 black grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh diced
- 12 (16/20) jumbo shrimp, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 cup light olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives, for garnish
Remove the lettuce leaves from the head and using scissors cut each leaf into round shaped cups. Add to a bowl of iced water and refrigerate until needed. In a large bowl add all the remaining ingredients, except the chives, and mix well.
Remove lettuce cups from the water and pat dry with paper towels. Fill the cups with the fruit and vegetable mixture and transfer to serving plates. Garnish the salads with chopped chives and serve.
Cook's Note: Add lobster and crabmeat, if desired.