Pork Bolognese Pappardelle
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup red wine ( Chianti)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped (keep juices)
- 1 large bell pepper, cored, small diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds cooked pappardelle, for serving
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil until warmed. Then add the ground pork, cooking until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the meat from the skillet.
In a second skillet over medium-high heat, add the wine, garlic and onions, stirring throughout the cooking until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the cooked pork, tomatoes and peppers, and then stir in the basil and thyme. Bring the mixture to a slow roll, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add the cream and finish for 5 minutes. Finish with salt and pepper to desired taste. Toss the bolognese with cooked pappardelle and serve. (Shelf Life: 5 days.)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.