- 12 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (any variety and/or combination)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Add thyme and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in chicken. Add wine and simmer 1 minute. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce. Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 2 minutes, until mixture thickens. Stir in cooked noodles and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with chives