- 2 bags chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag pretzels (logs work well for this, but you can try any of the medium to thick variety of twists)
- Chopped nuts, for garnish, optional
- Colored nonpareils, for garnish, optional
- Sprinkles, for garnish, optional
- Coconut, for garnish, optional
- Crushed cookies, for garnish, optional
Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat on stove top. Using tongs, or your fingers, quickly dip pretzels in chocolate allowing the excess to run off. Place dipped pretzels on waxed paper lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, colored sugars or other toppings. Allow to harden. You may need to refrigerate for a while to help this along. Once hardened, remove from sheets and store in a cool location, with waxed paper between layers.
Tip: Package pretzels in clear cellophane bags or in vase for festive gift giving!
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved